MuniTech Academy — a joint venture between the Municipal Information System Association of California (MISAC) and Tripepi Smith & Associates — has announced its training schedule for the 2016 calendar year. Municipal Technology Academy (“MuniTech Academy” for short) provides education and professional development opportunities for local government Information Technology and Information Systems employees and managers, often well below market prices. All courses are open to the public, though MISAC members receive additional discounts.
“Keeping our members educated and informed about the latest tools and technologies is one of MISAC’s largest goals,” said Brian Lewton, MISAC’s Education Committee Chair. “Thanks to our longtime training partnerships, it is an added bonus that we can offer these courses at significant discounts, saving local government agencies valuable budget.”
The 2016 training opportunities will be a mixture of in-person courses at physical locations and virtual courses that can be completed online. To make the process easier for students, MuniTech Academy makes an effort to include certification exams or exam vouchers in as many courses as possible. See below for a list of the upcoming 2016 courses, or visit www.munitechacademy.org/courses for full details.
- CISSP Certification boot camp – March 7-12 – Physical
- ITIL Foundation – April 26-28 – Virtual/online
- Windows PowerShell/Active Directory – May 30-31 – Physical
- Windows 10 Admin – June 1-2 – Physical
- VMware 6.0 – Optimize & Scale – June 2016 – Virtual/online
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification – July 2016 – Physical
- CISSP Certification boot camp – Aug. 2016 – Physical
- ITIL Lifecycle Module(s) – Sept. 2016 – Virtual/online
- Windows Server 2016 – Fall 2016 (exact dates TBD) – Physical
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) boot camp – Nov. 2016 – Physical
Registration for the March 7-12 CISSP Certification boot camp in Diamond Bar, California is still open for those who are interested in earning their Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification. The cost is $3,799 for the six-day course, which includes an on-site exam. MISAC members receive an additional $700 discount.